Skip to main content

PERSONAL MANGA



Comments

  1. I really appreciated the visual representations of your state of mind...I feels like this could be the beginning of an interesting project. This is a well-written few pages of comics Hanlu, I wanted to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your visuals on what depression is like for you. I also get depressed so easily I know how you feel it does feel like a void of darkness but also a sad realization of losing things we love and enjoy and we just realize we just exist. Also I love your art style.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13

I read some of Oishinbo and I wanted to discuss one of the chapters I found interesting this week, which was the chapter on tea. I didn't find it interesting because of the tea, in fact tea wasn't talked about that much. Rather, I found the concept behind the chapter more interesting. It was the reflection of a Japanese-American senator who came back to Japan to find that all his old friends became wealthy, and seemingly lost their "spirit". I find it ironic, because the mangaka puts America in a good light in the senator reminding both the viewer and the characters of the manga to not consume too much and not to lose their Japanese spirit and heritage, yet America is one of the biggest countries that pushes capitalism and consumerism. So, to me, it's ironic that the Japanese-American senator is sick of the wealthy lavish displays of food from his old Japanese friends. Though, it makes sense given his background that maybe he's also tired of American displa

Week of March 26

This week was about Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and various others like Neon Genesis Evangelion . I had already watched Akira  and I think animation wise and setting wise, it is a great work of art. However, I believe that the story itself from the film does not make much sense. Akira  was adapted from a much longer manga, and thus had to be condensed for the film, which explains a bit of its problems. Despite this, I still think that it is an outstanding and lasting work of art, just because of the animation and themes. I didn't read too deep into Akira  upon my watchings of it, because it is rather fast paced and disjointed. You're not able to grasp everything like in the manga, because it doesn't cover all of it. The manga has much more detail and subtly, which I tend to find as a problem with many of these long manga to anime adaptations. Akira lead to the growth of anime's popularity internationally so I think it deserves to have a place in history for its influen